SAUDADE - A longing for something you already have......


Pronounced "sow-dahd-jee" this word is hard to define.

It's being in a moment so wonderful that all you can do is

mourn it's passing, even as it is happening.


Monday, December 17, 2012

Happy Holidays

So here we are, getting ready for the holidays.  I can't believe it's December already.  I still miss Rex every day, it's been a struggle.  I am hopeful for a puppy in the Spring to get this pack up and THUNDERING again.  




We had a scare in November with Bayden becoming very ill with liver failure.  So far, we have not been able to find the cause.  However, with a lot of care, we have been able to pull her out of it and she is on the mend!  Thank goodness.

Jamie showed again in Veteran's at the Hoosier Great Dane show, also in November.  It was a little bittersweet, as it will be the last time I show him.  He has a hard time standing around on concrete floors, so I told him, once more around the ring and then you can hang up your show lead.  Here is a picture of me and Jamie, taken with my cell phone out in the parking lot of the show.
 

I gave myself this necklace in memory of Rex, and also got Jamie a new collar.  The Harvest from Ella's Lead  - she makes the best collars!







Here is our Christmas Card for 2012.



And I took pictures of all the dogs "helping" me with the Christmas lights.  This is the only picture I will post however, because in the other pics, Bayden and Shine looked SO disgusted with me! LOL


Happy Holidays!





No comments:

Post a Comment